Sunday, April 15, 2012

Awards: Editor's Choice (Murshawursha)







So this is my chance to pick whoever I want, eh? How many of you were expecting more Alan May worship? Well, you'd all be wrong. Why? Not that I don't like May, but the greedy bastard already has two awards. Plus, we've already extolled his virtues all over the pages of this blog. So I figured I'd take this opportunity to write about a slightly more unsung hero. So, without further ado, I present Murshawursha's 2011-2012 Editor's Choice Award to... *drumroll*


Dave Johnson!



Yes, Dave Johnson. Why? Well, for starters, he was entertaining in a slightly-insane-tough-guy sort of way. Probably comes from his soccer background. But regardless, the dynamic between him and Alan May was amazingly entertaining and something I would like to have seen (and see, in the future) more of. But regardless, I'm still not entirely sure how familiar he was with hockey, but even if he wasn't, he did an awesome job faking it. From the beginning, he was never afraid to offer up his opinions, and he often went toe-to-toe with Alan May and emerged unscathed. Anyone who can manage that is worthy of respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment